As our country’s Independence Day approaches, I’m proud to invite you to walk with us this Saturday in Marysville’s 4th of July Parade! Thanks to a great team of volunteers including Carol Cain, Representative Pelanda and many others, we now have our very own UCRP float!
Come join us between 9 and 9:30 am on Saturday as we line up for the parade at the American Legion building near Marysville’s swimming pool off Park Ave. The parade kicks off at 10 am and goes to the Union County Courthouse. We’ll walk alongside the float and pass out candy. Bring a sack of candy and join us to celebrate our country’s heritage!
Parking near the Legion/pool can be difficult, so please arrange for someone to drop you off, or you can park in Kroger’s lot and walk over.
Thanks, all and let’s celebrate America’s freedom with our new float!
Your Chair Chris
Monday, June 1, 2015
Lt. Governor Taylor gave keynote remarks at the TrustBelt Conference in Columbus (Franklin Co.) where she highlighted Ohio’s economic recovery.
Taylor visited Morral Companies in Marion (Marion Co.), where she met with employees and toured their manufacturing operations.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Governor John R. Kasich announced appointments to the State Dental Board, the Ohio Parks and Recreation Council and the Third Frontier Commission. Read more here.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Kasich announced student member appointments to the University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees (Hamilton Co.) and the Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees (Wood Co.). Read more here.
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Kasich announced an appointment to the Oil and Gas Commission. Read more here.
Taylor met with the Springfield Chamber of Commerce and local business leaders to discuss the economic development issues impacting Southwest Ohio (Clark Co.).
Friday, June 5, 2015
Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Collaborative Community-Police Advisory Board. Read more here.
Kasich announced appointments to the Governor’s Executive Workforce Board and the Ohio Board of Motor Vehicle Repair. Read more here.
To go along with the poll question. I wanted to have a place for you to also leave a comment.
OK need your input and suggestions. What are the 2 or 3 major items we at the County Level need to focus on in 2015 to help prepare us for the very important 2016 election year. Ex: increase volunteer base, fundraising, educating people on the issues. Thanks for your input, ideas and suggestions.
Monday, April 20, 2015
· Governor John R. Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council. Read more here.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
· Kasich announced appointments to the Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board; the Statewide Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network Steering Committee; the Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission; and the Ohio Parks and Recreation Council. Read more here.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
· Lt. Governor Mary Taylor joined Ohio Regional Council’s Institute of Management Accountants at the 41st annual Meonske Professional Development Conference in Kent (Portage Co.) where she honored Kent State University alum and football legend Lou Holtz.
· Taylor delivered remarks at the grand opening of Akron Children’s Hospital’s Kay Jewelers Pavilion in Akron (Summit Co.) where she highlighted the positive impact it will have on the community.
· Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Soil and Water Conservation Commission and the Ohio Parks and Recreation Council. Read more here.
Wednesday, April 24, 2015
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Criminal Sentencing Commission. Read more here.
Monday, April 6, 2015
· Governor John R. Kasich named Jacqueline T. Williams as the director of the Ohio Department of Commerce.
· Kasich announced reappointments to the Industrial Commission Nominating Council.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
· Kasich named Andre T. Porter to serve as chairman of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.
· Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Respiratory Care Board, the Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board, the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Committee, the Dentist Loan Repayment Advisory Board, the Banking Commission and the Midwestern Higher Education Compact Commission.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
· Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Board, the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority, the Historical Records Advisory Board and the Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
· Kasich joined officials from Ohio’s children’s hospitals at a meeting at the Ohio Statehouse (Franklin Co.), to announce $2 million for new children’s health research.
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Fairfield County Municipal Court.
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board.
Friday, April 10, 2015
· Lt. Governor Mary Taylor joined Nature Fresh Farms in Delta (Fulton Co.) to break ground on the company’s first U.S. facility where it expects to create up to 300 new jobs.
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Hamilton County Municipal Court, District 4.