From The Blog
Saturday, October 18, 2014
· Governor John R. Kasich and Lt. Governor Mary Taylor joined federal, state and local doctors, health care professionals and elected officials to update the public on the status of Ohio’s Ebola response.
Sunday, October 19, 2014
· The Ohio Department of Health began issuing a daily report summarizing the number of individuals who have been found to have contact of some type with the Dallas health care worker who was in Northeast Ohio, Oct. 10-13.
Monday, October 20, 2014
· The state Controlling Board approved ODH’s request to purchase up to $300,000 in new personal protective equipment and spend up to $500,000 for any cleanup and disposal of any contaminated linens and other items that may be generated by suspected or confirmed Ebola patients.
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Ohio Advisory Council for Aging and reappointments to the Commission on Hispanic-Latino Affairs.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
· ODH and the Ohio Hospital Association announced that 100 percent of Ohio hospitals have completed Ebola preparedness and response drills.
· Kasich announced appointments to the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority Board.
Friday, October 24, 2014
· Kasich announced an appointment to the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority Board.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- As part of Ohio’s Ebola preparedness efforts, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) conducted a tabletop exercise and preparedness seminar with health care partners representing hospitals, physicians, nurses, EMS responders and local health departments.
- Governor John R. Kasich announced appointments to Ohio Fair Plan Underwriting Association Board of Governors, the Central Ohio Technical College Board of Trustees and the Statewide Emergency Services Internet Protocol Network Steering Committee.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Ohio was notified by the CDC that a Dallas nurse who visited northeast Ohio Oct. 10-13 tested positive for Ebola on Oct. 14 after returning to Dallas. Kasich immediately instructed ODH to activate the Ebola preparedness efforts it began developing in mid-summer, and to deploy ODH staff to Summit County to assist with its efforts.
- Ohio activated its Emergency Operation Center and began ongoing efforts to address the Ebola issue, including reaching out with regular updates to numerous stakeholder groups impacted by the situation. ODH initiated a 24-hour-a-day call center to answer Ohioans’ questions about Ebola and the recent events in Ohio in an effort to ensure Ohioans get accurate, timely information.
- Following a request from Gov. Kasich, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention agreed to send staff to Ohio to help support Ohio’s state and local Ebola response efforts.
- Lt. Governor Mary Taylor joined Avnet Inc. for the grand opening of its new CenterPoint facility in Groveport (Franklin Co.). The facility is Avnet’s largest in the world and will create more than 300 new jobs.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- In consultation with infectious disease experts across the state, ODH issued enhanced Ebola quarantine protocols for individuals in proximity of index cases.
- Kasich talked with President Barack Obama, thanking him for his help in getting the CDC to Ohio and informing him of Ohio’s new, more aggressive quarantine measures, which the president supported.
- ODH Director Richard Hodges recommended to Ohio hospitals that they conduct a series of training and practice drills within the next two days to ensure Ohio hospitals are prepared to handle a potential Ebola patient.
- Taylor participated in a groundbreaking ceremony for McLane Company in Findlay (Hancock Co.) where the company plans to create 425 jobs at its new distribution facility.
- Kasich announced appointments to the Forestry Advisory Council and a reappointment to the Auctioneers Commission.
Friday, October 17, 2014
- ODH announced that it is asking the State Controlling Board for $300,000 to add to its stockpile of health care personal protective equipment in order to support any requests that may come from frontline health care providers treating suspected or confirmed cases of Ebola virus infection.
Please share some of the beliefs you have and why
Monday, August 25, 2014
· Governor John R. Kasich announced the Ohio Tax Credit Authority approved assistance for nine projects set to create 586 jobs and retain 1,201 jobs statewide. Collectively, the projects are expected to result in $30,659,048 in new payroll and spur more than $1.1 billion in investment.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
· Kasich announced a reappointment to the Northwest State Community College Board of Trustees.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
· Kasich announced appointments to the State Emergency Response Commission and the Ohio Board of Dietetics.
· Kasich announced the appointment of Shirley J. Christian of New Springfield (Mahoning Co.) to serve as a judge on the Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
· Kasich announced reappointments to the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers board.